The concept of a “healthy brain” is fairly new, but one that is growing in importance. Here at Procera, we believe that the brain can be positively impacted by dietary choices, brain-specific supplementation, and lifestyle habits. Once it was thought that it was only important to look after the developing brain (birth until the early 20s). Now, more and more research demonstrates that this is not the case. The brain continues to modify and adapt, regenerate cells, and make new neural connections . . . and it is potently impacted by both positive and negative foods, as well as behavioral choices.
What Is A Healthy Brain?
A brain that is healthy, well protected, and performs optimally is dependent on foods and supplements that achieve the following:
- Promote blood supply and flow to the brain
- Build and protect cell membranes and structures
- Provide protection against oxidation and inflammation
1. Promote blood supply and flow to the brain
Researchers have discovered that a lack of oxygen to the brain can affect memory. New findings suggest that cognitive performance can be improved by increasing the amount of oxygen and nutrients to the brain. The brain is an energy-demanding organ. While it makes up only 2 percent of the body’s weight, it consumes more than 20 percent of the body’s energy.
Here at Procera, we believe that a steady supply of blood flow is vital to brain health. That is why we’ve included a number of naturally sourced ingredients in our products that increase blood flow. Ingredients such as Vinpocentine (Procera AVH & Procera XTF) and Ginkgo biloba/Panax Ginseng (Procera Advanced Brain and Procera Memory Support) have been clinically studied by Dr. Wesnes, Dr. Scholey and the Swinburne Institute and shown to be safe and effective for brain health.
2. Build & Protect Cell Membranes & Structures
The health of your brain's cell membranes play a role in the rate at which you age and how well your brain works. Cell membranes control the movement of substances in and out of cells. They are composed mostly of fatty acids that are held together by phospholipids. The good news is the brain has a natural repair cycle and with the help of breakthrough supplements such as Procera's NeuroGenius, Procera Advanced Brain and Procera Protect, cell membranes and structures can constantly repaired and restored.
3. Protect Against Oxidation & Inflammation
Regular exposure to toxins can cause damage to our cells, negatively impacting our body and brain health. If we do not have enough antioxidants present to bind all the toxins in our body, then damage is done to our cells. This damage can result in health issues such as brain fog, fatigue, digestive discomfort or a weakened respiratory and immune system. For these reasons, regular antioxidant protection and detoxification is extremely important to the health of key organs such as your brain and lungs.
It is very important for the long term health of your brain that you incorporate foods and supplements that provide protection from radical damage, eliminate toxins and boost cellular function. Here are 4 ways to get started:
- Make Sleep A Priority - most adults need 7-9 hrs per night. Sleep = natural detoxification.
- Brain Friendly Diet - commit to a diet that emphasizes fruits and vegetables and minimizes sugar and unhealthy fats. Try the Mediterranean Diet.
- Add Juicing/Smoothies - select ingredients that target specific health issues such as cilantro and barley grass juice for heavy metal detox or beets for blood flow.
- Targeted Supplementation - daily antioxidant protection and detoxification is extremely important to the health of key organs such as your brain and lungs. That is why we created highly specialized products like Procera Protect, Procera NeuroGenius and Procera Essentials Multivitamin which are packed with antioxidants and other specific nutrients designed to protect your brain and body.