The concept of a “healthy brain” is fairly new, but one that is growing in importance. Here at Procera, we believe that the brain can be positively impacted by dietary choices, brain-specific supplementation, and lifestyle habits. Once it was thought that it was only important to look after the developing brain (birth until the early 20s). Now, more and more research demonstrates that this is not the case. The brain continues to modify and adapt, regenerate cells, and make new neural connections . . . and it is potently impacted by both positive and negative foods, as well as behavioral choices.
4 Keys To A Healthy Brain
A brain that is healthy, well protected, and performs optimally is dependent on foods and supplements that achieve the following:
- Provide a steady supply of blood flow to the brain
- Nourish & strengthen your neurons
- Provide protection against oxidation and inflammation
- Keep your immune system strong
1. Provide a steady supply of blood flow to the brain
Researchers have discovered that a lack of oxygen to the brain can affect memory. New findings suggest that cognitive performance can be improved by increasing the amount of oxygen and nutrients to the brain. The brain is an energy-demanding organ. While it makes up only 2 percent of the body’s weight, it consumes more than 20 percent of the body’s energy.
Here at Procera, we believe that a steady supply of blood flow is vital to brain health. That is why we’ve included a number of ingredients in our products that increase blood flow. Ingredients such as Vinpocentine (Procera AVH & Procera XTF) and Ginkgo biloba/Panax Ginseng (Procera Advanced Brain and Procera Memory Support) have been clinically studied by Dr. Wesnes, Dr. Scholey and the Swinburne Institute and shown to be safe and effective for brain health.
Product recommendations: Procera AVH, Procera Advanced Brain & Procera Memory Support
2. Nourish and strengthen your neurons
The health of your brain's neurons play a role in the rate at which you age and how well your brain works. Neurons are comprised of cell membranes which control the movement of substances in and out of cells. These cell membranes are damaged over time by normal aging and unhealthy lifestyle choices. Research shows that the brain has a natural repair cycle and that key brain health ingredients can help facilitate this process.
Product recommendations: Procera NeuroGenius and Procera Advanced Brain
3. Provide protect against oxidation & inflammation
Regular exposure to toxins can cause damage to our cells, negatively impacting our body and brain health. If we do not have enough antioxidants present to bind all the toxins in our body, then damage is done to our cells. This damage can result in health issues such as brain fog, fatigue, digestive discomfort or a weakened respiratory and immune system. For these reasons, regular antioxidant protection and detoxification is extremely important to the health of key organs such as your brain and lungs. Procera Protect can provided the
It is very important for the long term health of your brain that you incorporate foods and supplements that provide protection from radical damage, eliminate toxins and boost cellular function.
Product recommendations: Procera Protect
4. Keep your immune system strong
On a daily basis, we are exposed to organisms through the air we breath, the food we eat and the environment in which we live. Whether or not these organisms lead to health issues is decided by the integrity of our body’s defense mechanisms, or immune system. When our immune system is working properly, we don’t even notice it. But when we have an under- or over-active immune system, we are at a greater risk of developing infections and other health conditions.
The best way to naturally boost your immune system is through targeted supplement ingredients and healthy lifestyle choices. Antimicrobial and antiviral herbs, probiotics, vitamins and minerals can help strengthen your immune response.
Product recommendations: Procera Probiotic, Procera Protect, Procera Essentials Immune Multi
How To Get Started
- Targeted Supplementation - a healthy lifestyle can take you a long way but as people age, they don't absorb nutrients as well and often need a boost in key areas. Whether you are looking to boost blood flow, strengthen your neurons, detoxify or boost your immune system, Procera products can help. Procera products have been specifically designed to support both your brain and body. To learn more, go to www.procerahealth.com.
- Brain Friendly Diet - commit to a diet that emphasizes fruits and vegetables and minimizes sugar and unhealthy fats. Try the Mediterranean Diet.
- Add Juicing/Smoothies - select ingredients that target specific health issues such as cilantro and barley grass juice for heavy metal detox or beets for blood flow.
- Make Sleep A Priority - most adults need 7-9 hrs per night. Sleep = natural detoxification.